Thursday, December 16, 2010

tis the season

I'm working on a scarf that I promised to a customer a long time ago. LONG time ago. I didn't like to work on it when I first started because it felt like it wasn't my own creation. Both the yarn and the design were dictated to me when the scarf was ordered. That is why I put the scarf down for so long. I wasn't passionate about it. I will tell you this...this is the LAST custom order I'm going to do for a while. I need to concentrate on getting my etsy stock up without worrying about deadlines for people. It's increadibly stressful. BACK to the scarf. I hated this scarf. It wasn't until last night when I picked it back up again that I began to love it. First, I noticed how soft it was. I still wasn't fond of the colors. Second, I started to appreciate the texture of the stitch. It was both masculine and feminine. The color was growing on my now. Third, I started to admire the pattern. At first glance, it looks like a simple color block scarf...but, there is something odd about it. The color blocks shift in size...each of the three colors taking turns being the largest and smallest. Now I am in love with the colors. The whole scarf seems to flow into itself. Large and small, male and female, yin and yang.

No comments: