Wednesday, February 22, 2006

i'm so bad...

ok, so i said i wouldn't be starting another project until ALL of the ones i started were finished...well, i lied.....the temptation of a new project is just to much for me to resist! this particular project has been in my head for AGES!!! it's a bikini top made from fun fur and knit tightly so my parts don't peek through...i've only got the basic outline of the pattern done so far (it's my first i've designed....all the patterns for knit bikini tops i've found wouldn't support my knockers), the yarn picked out, and a swatch.....just for an idea on how tight the stitch will be: the yarn calls for size 10.5 (6.5mm) needles, but i'm using size 7 (4.5mm). what's that? the fabric will be too stiff? not at all! the swatch was just the right stiffness for what i wanted...i NEED support.....it's my first designed top, so i'm really not sure how to do shaping and such....i'm kinda hoping that it'll stretch enough in places i need it to....in the first knitting attempt i did, it streched enough (and i had to rewrite with less stitches on the needle..), so i'm ok with it! wish me luck!

here's where i got the idea of using fun fur for the top:
fuzzy bikini top it's just so CUTE!!! the yarn i choose is
Lion Brand Fun Fur in indigo....blue is my favorite color....and it has flecks of silver in it... so cute!! i'll post pics of my progress later!

No comments: