I've been wanting to attempt a messenger tote for some time now. A few months ago I cut out the pieces and just forgot about it...Last night I came across those pieces and decided to give it a go...I didn't really get very far because I had to leave to hang out with a friend who was only in town for a couple days. But I did sew the flap piece. Here it is:
I love this Tee. The colour on the picture isn't really that good...the background is an almost antique white, or a light yellow...very nice.
For the opposite side of the flap, I decided to use the same cotton fabric I will be using as the lining, just to give it a little structure. I felt that if I used two pieces of tee shirt it would be to flimsy.
These are the front and back panels of the main purse. I haven't decided what piece I want for the back and what piece I want under the flap. I may assemble the piece and see what looks better. I'm thinking though that the yellow piece with the birds will go on the back.
I also have two small panels for the side and one for the bottom cut out, although I haven't decided if I want to use them yet. I also need to decide what fabric I will be using for the strap. I think that the tee shirt material would be way to stretchy....maybe I'll layer it with something else.
Well anyway, I'd better get back to assembling this bad boy! Have a wonderful day and enjoy the partial sun!